The Richmond Public Library provides outgoing fax service to the general public for a fee. This service allows our patrons to send local and long distance fax transmittals to U.S. phone numbers with the following guidelines:
- Library staff will operate the fax machine for the general public at all times.
- Cover pages are required at no charge for all fax transmittals.
- There is a maximum of 20 pages per fax, including cover page.
- Patrons must be present to send a fax; one may not leave their material to be sent at a later time.
- All material must be in a condition acceptable to the fax equipment (free of wrinkles, folds, tears, etc.). Materials not in acceptable condition may be photocopied at patrons' expense.
- The fax machine will transmit letter or legal size paper.
- Fax service will cease 15 minutes prior to scheduled closing time.
- Patrons will be given a receipt of fax transmission. Transmission errors are common, and print quality is variable and not controllable by the Library.
- Richmond Public Library is not responsible for the successful transmission or any damage/loss of data arising from the use of this service.
- Local (including 800 numbers): $0.50 cents per page
- Long Distance: $1.00 per page
Approved: July 2013
Revised: March 28, 2018